This Thailand fishing trip is really adventurous and you will spend days lure fishing by local longtail boats for snakehead and jungle perch fish species and the nights on a floating bamboo raft out on the water. The dam is located near Uttaradit and is definitely one of the best waters for Snakehead and Jungle Perch in Thailand, The breathtaking views and the exotic nature of this area just add to the whole attraction of this fishing tour in Thailand.
The Queen Sirikit Dam is located in the Uttaradit Province It is Thailand’s largest earth dam, constructed under the Nan River Basin Development Project, Built in 1973 over the Nan River, this reservoirs covers an area of 220 square kilometers. Originally named as Pha Som Dam, its name was later changed to Sirikit Dam.
Your english speaking guide and Thai boatman will work tirelessly to get you into the right places and on the fish. After that it is up to you to do battle with these fierce predatory fish. Fishing for snakeheads or jungle perch is a real challenge and the success depends often on the right season. Thus we do not offer this trip during the cool winter season, we start fishing here from the end of February until the end of October. During these months you have a good chance to hook one of these fierce predators. This trip is designed for skilled Lure-Fisherman, the fishing at this water needs precise Casting because you will always be fishing in areas with Submerged trees and lots of other snags.
TARGET SPECIES: The Giant Snakeheads (Channa micropeltes) aggression is legendary and you can be sure that once hooked this fish is not going to play the easy game, You will be battling to keep these Giant Snakeheads from snagging you and breaking your line at every chance they get.
- Day1: 9.00 a.m pick up from your hotel or guesthouse in Chiang Mai, transfer to the reservoirs 3-3.5 hours, lunch at the raft, lurefishing in the afternoon until dusk, return to the raft for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 2: Start 5.30-6.00 a.m. with a local boatman to explore the reservoir, fishing until 11.00a.m, return to the raft about noon for lunch, start again fishing between 2.30-3.00p.m. until dusk, return to the raft for dinner and overnight stay
- 3.Day: Start 5.30-6.00 a.m. with a local boatman to explore the resrevoir, fishing until 11.00a.m, return to the raft about noon for lunch, we take a rest and leave about 3.00p.m. heading back to Chiang Mai
PRICING FOR QUEEN SIRIKIT DAM TRIP
- 32,000-Thai Baht per angler
Tours are exclusive for max. 2 anglers per trip, booking has to be completed 1 month in advance.
- Round trip transport from Chiang Mai
- Boat rental
- Basic accommodation on a raft
- Food (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), drinking water, soft drinks
- Full guide assistance
- Spinning reels and rods and lures
- Alcoholic drinks
NOTE: It is recommended that you bring, during the raining season (June-October), wet weather clothing along with you.