At this venue we guarantee you will catch a nice fish. The average size of catfish is 5 -20kg (11lb - 45lb) and the chance for bigger ones is fairly good.
Borsang Fishing Park is a beautiful rustic Thai style fishing lake in Chiang Mai Thailand. Fishing at Borsang Fishing Park is fishing all year round but this lake should be your first choice during the cool winter season (December- February) and if you only have time for a day or a half day fishing trip.
TARGET SPECIES: Giant Mekong catfish (Pla buek) 5kg -40kg (11lb - 88lb), Striped catfish (Pla Sawai) 5kg - 25kg (11lb - 55lb) and Big wai (cross breed mekong catfish and striped catfish) These are the main targets and you will be deeply impressed by the power of these furious fighting species. The Giant Mekong catfish is well known in Thailand as a brute and a tackle destroyer.
FISHING METHODS: Fishing here is done with carprods,3-3,5 lbs testcurve, and big reels spooled with 30-40 lbs mono filament.
BORSANG FISHING LAKE PRICING (Thai baht)
- Full day session -1,900 Baht/Person (pick-up time 7.30a.m., return about 6.30p.m.)
- Half day session -1,600 Baht/Person (pick-up morning session 7.30a.m-,return about 1.30p.m.)
- Round trip Transfer from your hotel or guest house in Chiang mai to the lake.
- Full guiding service during the session
- All tackle and baits which are needed
- Fishing permit
- Lunch-box is included in the full day session.
- Soft drinks, alcohol
NOTE: During the Sonkran Festival public holiday around April 12-14th our Guiding-Service is NOT available.