After the big success of our prevoius fishing expeditions in the Golden Triangle for mahseer species, we are now able to offer a fully guided experience of the most extreme lure fishing that Thailand can offer!
On our first day, we will reach by four wheels pick-up truck the furthest fishable location upstream on the river, located at about 25 kms from the national park headquarters. Then every day we will travel to fish a different part of the river, staying at different camps for the night. We have a team of 4 rangers to take care of all the logistics for us. your Thai pro guides will be assisting and looking after anglers daily for the fishing part of the trip. The 4 rangers are old friends of us whom we know well. You’ll be in the best hands in hill tribes territory.
Each location at the river that we will fish for the 4 days is protected; fishing them is prohibited all year long. We pay both the authorities of the park and each village to get the authorization to fish them. They know our respect for nature and the fact we only practice catch and release.
Some of the biggest thai mahseer (tor tambroides) captured through the years were over 25 kilos (the current IGFA world record for that specie is only 12.5 kg). We previuosly had one well over 4.00 kilo caught on a metal spoon by one of our malaysian clients. That very kind of fishing is – the most exciting here in Thailand. Wild sceneries are breathtaking, that river is absolutely pristine, fish are numerous and for some have never seen a lure. Tough to find a better location for extreme lure fishing![Not a valid template]
- Day 1: Flight early morning to Chiang Mai. Travel by minibus to Golden Triangle national park (4 hours drive). Overnight national park
- Day 2: Lure fishing for thai mahseer, stracheyi mahseer, jungle perch, Burmese trout and goonch. Overnight camp national park
- Day 3: Lure fishing for thai mahseer, stracheyi mahseer, jungle perch, Burmese trout and goonch. Overnight camp national park
- Day 4: Lure fishing for thai mahseer, stracheyi mahseer, jungle perch, Burmese trout and goonch. Overnight camp national park
- Day 5: Lure fishing for thai mahseer, stracheyi mahseer, jungle perch,etc. Overnight at hotel in Mae Sarieng
- Day 6: Transfer back to CM airport 9am. Return flight to BKK.
PACKAGE PRICE FOR THE 6 DAYS EXPEDITION:
- 2 anglers: 150,000 baht (75,000 Baht x 2 anglers)
- 3 anglers: 165,000 baht (65,000 baht per angler x 3)
- 4 anglers: 200,000 baht (55,000 baht per angler x 4)
- 5 anglers: 225,000 baht (50,000 baht per angler x 4)
6 DAYS FISHING PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Round trip minibus transfer hotel in Bangkok/Bangkok airport
- Round trip airfare Bangkok/Chiang Mai
- Round trip transfer by minibus from Chiang Mai airport to national park
- Required entrance fee at the national park
- 2 four wheels pick up cars for daily transportation of the group inside the national park
- A team of 4 experienced jungle rangers to assist, cook, set camps for the night.
- All daily meals & water for the 5 days fishing expedition
- All the tents and camping equipment provided by the rangers
- Required fees to 4 villages for the permission to fish their respective parts of the river usually prohibited to fishing
- Daily assistance and guiding by pro guides
- 1 hotel night in individual room in Mae Sarieng
- Fishing rod & reel (will advise you for the gear you need)
- Lures (will advise you for the selection you need)